You need not live with that junk car sitting on your property any longer. There are ways you can get rid of that car and make money in the process.
Here, we will explore the ways on how to get rid of a car, make sound decisions and even make some awesome cash!
From selling online effectively, to visiting local, reputable businesses that buy junk cars and parts, you have options!
And the more you know, the better able you are to make the best decision for you!
How to get rid of a car entails having a game plan. And here you will find some useful information that will help!
How To Get Rid Of A Car That Doesn’t Run
OK, so you have a car that doesn’t run and you need to make money off if it. Even though you can’t drive your car, that doesn’t mean it’s not a money-making machine. Check out what to do, to get rid of car that doesn’t run.
- Assess your car. Once you know you have a non running car, take it to a mechanic or trusted auto professional and get that car inspected. Ask what on or in the car is still able to be sold. Have that mechanic look under that hood and tell you what parts still can work.
- Make a list. Now that you have a good working idea of what parts on the car still work and what doesn’t, you can make a list of those working parts and those that have seen their last days.
- Do your research. Now that you have your list, you need to check to see what the market value of those working parts are. For example, if your car is a non running car but you still have a great air conditioning unit, you can go online and see what the going rate is for an air conditioning unit such as yours. You may even get with that trusted mechanic again and see what the market value is, for those great running parts.
- Know the current price of metal. In today’s times, you have to stay abreast of the current price of metal. There are various websites as well as apps that offer you the latest price of metal. This way, you can know how to price the metal of your car and make a profit.
- Gather information about local metal buying businesses. Once you have a good idea of the price of metal, you can begin to call around to reputable metal buying business and negotiate. You first want to have at least 5- 10 good trustworthy scrap yards & junkyards that you plan on calling. You also want to make sure that they show you or are willing to show you licenses and documents that show that they are licensed, bonded and insured.
- Do comparative shopping. When you have the businesses that you want to visit to sell your car to, compare the prices they are offering for your car and its parts. You never want to take the first offer made to you. Even though your car doesn’t run and may be considered junk, you can still compare what people are offering you. So, unless you are in a huge rush, take your time.
How To Get Rid Of A Car Without A Title
Are you facing a car you want to get rid of but you don’t have the title? Check out what can be done!
- First, make sure that you are the owner of the car.
- Next, visit your local DMV or department of motor vehicle office and get an application to get a duplicate car title. In many states, you cannot sell a car without a car title! So, please have this vital document! Please contact your local state officials!
- Follow this with obtaining that duplicate car title and visiting local companies to sell your car or its parts.
Obtaining a duplicate car title is vital to the sell of your car. If you do find companies that will buy your car without the title, you may have to provide proof of ownership in other ways.
For example, a local company may ask you to have your car registration as well as a picture ID before buying your car.
You have to prove that you are the car’s owner and comply with state as well as local regulations. So, be prepared to do so!
How To Get Rid Of A Totaled Car
For a car that is completely totaled, you can still be looking a car that is worth some cash. Check out some steps to take as you look to get money for that totaled car.
- Assess the damage of the car. Does the car have front end damage? Does the car have rear end damage? Take the time to see where the damage is and make note of that damage.
- Evaluate what parts work in the car. Despite the car’s damage, you are bound to have some working parts in the car. Is the starter still intact? Does the heating and cooling unit still work? Are the tires still good and new? Even though your car is a total loss, you could still make money from some parts that were unscathed during the wreck.
- Make sure you can show the car title or have proof of ownership. Even if your car is a total loss, make sure that you have the car’s title. If not, visit your local DMV office or department of motor vehicles to get a duplicate car title. You have to show ownership of the car once you decide to junk it.
- Begin to gather what you want to sell. When you have a good idea of what you want to sell, make a list. You want to be a prepared totaled car seller to others. Potential buyers want to see what they are buying.
- Begin the selling process! Are you wanting to sell your car online? Do you want to sell your totaled car privately? Decide how you want to sell your car and prepare for the sale!
How To Get Rid Of A Wrecked Car Online
The online marketplace is a large and vast place to sell a car. Even if that car is wrecked, you can still make some great money. So, how do you go about doing it? Check out our tips!
- Make sure that you can prove ownership of the car. You have to have the car’s title handy to sell it. If you don’t have the title, you have to go get a duplicate once. Having the car title will save you lots of headache when you make that sale.
- Decide if you are selling the entire car as is, or part-by-part. Are you going to sell the car as a whole wrecked car? Or are you going to sell your car’s parts and then junk the car?
- Do your research. Even though you have a wrecked car, you want to check the Kelley Blue Book to see what value your car has. Then take into consideration the fact that the car is wrecked. Once you do, begin to price your car.
- Photographs tell the story! Once you decide to sell your car online, you have to devote some time to taking photos of the car or its parts. The pictures tell the story of your car. Just because its wrecked or damaged, doesn’t mean that its worth nothing. So, take those pictures!
- Post pictures with descriptions. You want to appeal to as many people as you can, so write descriptions about your car that appeal to potential buyers. Be descriptive in your writing and let folks know the good, bad and ugly about your car.
- Know your potential audience. Understand that lots of people will see your car ad online! The Internet’s other name is the “world wide web”! This means that the world is looking at your ad. So, you have to know that junkyard owners, mechanics and others are looking at your car and its parts. Whatever you post out there, folks will see it!
- Be safe at all times. If you plan on meeting folks to look at your car, you want to be safe at all times. This means meeting folks in well-lit areas and having someone with you.
- Keep prices firm and competitive. You want to make a profit, but you want to keep your prices reasonable and competitive. So, if you feel comfortable negotiations the price of your car, do so. If you are firm on the price, be firm.
How To Get Rid Of A Car That Doesn’t Run – Additional Methods
Need additional methods to get rid of a car that doesn’t run? Check out some places that would buy your non running car.
- Junkyards – Junkyards have been around for such a long time and the benefit to a junkyard sell of a non running car is that they pretty much take all kinds of cars, running or not.
- Scrap yard – You may also find that scrap yards will buy your car.
- Recycle Centers – Another possibility is to sell your car to a recycle center.
- Local Colleges – You may find that a local school or college may buy your car. The students who are studying mechanics need “hands on experience”. So, call around and see if your car can be a lesson for folks who are learning about auto repair!