The joys and wonders of modern-day technology are in our midst! With a wide variety of online vehicle sale platforms, you’ll find many avenues to get lots of looks and eyeballs on your car’s ad!
When selling your vehicle online, you can advertise on multiple sites at once, as you cast many nets to lure buyers.
From free sites, to those that charge a fee to list your car, you’ll find that you have options when it comes to the best site to sell a car!
So, for some resolution to that “best site to sell car” mission you’re on, check out some popular online marketplaces we share and find the best one for you and your needs!
Craigslist Car Ads – An Ideal Site to Sell Cars?
Craigslist has evolved as a premier online marketplace. While the site works to stay with the changing times, it still is a great site for appealing to local buyers. With a fee of $5.00, you a post an ad and get local, regional and statewide looks at your car!
One of the best aspects of posting an ad to Craigslist, is the number of pictures you can upload. The site is fairly easy to maneuver and your ad will stay up there for a considerable amount of time. In many ways, Craigslist is one of the top car sale sites, regardless of what you think about it.
Sure, it lures the not-so-upright individual there at times, but Craigslist has a reputation of being semi-dependable and somewhat decent. Check out some of our tips for building a great car ad and see if it is one of the best places to sell cars online for you!
Building a great car ad on Craigslist
- The fee – Yes, if you are a regular on Craigslist and you have been posting things on there to sell for years, you will have noticed and even griped at the slight change to the platform. In an effort to keep the not-so-cool people off the platform, you now have to pay $5.00 to post an ad. Yes, it used to be free, but Craigslist is cracking down on people who are not serious and just throw up anything to sell (and possibly scam people!) And the fee is only $5.00. It’s not your life savings they are asking you to pay to post your car ad! And if you do indeed end up selling your car, what is $5.00 anyways?
- Pictures! Pictures! One of the best aspects to Craigslist, is the pictures. If you don’t have photos of your car and you want to sell a car, then Craigslist is not the website for you. As one of the best “go to” websites for selling cars, you can bet that your car will get some traffic, IF you have great pictures on there.
- Description! As a car seller, you have to write a description of your car and make it as detailed as possible. Although it’s not one of the free websites to sell cars, you can bet that folks will look at your ad with an informative description! And if you have a detailed explanation, then you are gonna get some calls! When you write your ad, you have to think like a car buyer. What would you ask to see and know about a car you want to buy? Items such as the year, make and model have to be in your description. You also have to tell folks about the new tires you have in there as well as the new stereo system in it! And on the “flip side” of that, you have to tell people if you have troublesome parts on the car. For example, if you have a starter that is not good, let folks know. Just because you have some non-working parts, doesn’t mean you won’t get a call.
The Craigslist “Set Up”
Many folks see Craigslist similar to websites like CarMax. But if you look at Craigslist set up then you will see that things are in a great order.
Under the “for sale” section, you will find that not only can you sell a car, but there is a section that you can sell car parts! You will also see a section labeled “atv/utv/sno”. So, if you have a four-wheeled vehicle to sell, you can sell it!
If you are looking for a free online marketplace to sell your car, you may not find Craigslist as the best site to sell car parts or your car, because of that pesky $5.00 fee. But it is a great site and you can potentially sell your car fast! For many, Craigslist is a great website to sell car parts, vehicles and other car-related products. So, get that $5.00 fee ready and start selling for some great profits!
eBay Motors – Is It the Best Site to Sell Car Online?
Looking to sell a car online and looking for an alternative to Craigslist? Then, perhaps you can sell your car on eBay Motors!
eBay touts themselves as a website that has over 160 million buyers, so eBay Motors might prove to be one of the best places to sell your car online!
With eBay Motors, you get the choice of either a simple listing with a fixed asking price. Of if you want to create an auction, you can do that too! Although listing your car is free, you do have to pay a fee when it sells, based on the sale price. To create your ad is easy, but you have to pay extra to post additional photos.
- Fixed-price listing. For this option, you are modeling your ad more like the basic and general classified ad. Even though you list your asking price, you still have a “Make offer” button, which allows buyers to toss out a lower price for the car.
- Auctions. With this set up, the buyers will bid on your car, even though you have the option for creating a “Buy It Now” price. With any auction, people can get lured into the excitement of bidding more than they intended. This can be good for you as the seller! But you may also opt to set a vehicle “reserve price” which requires an additional fee. Seen as a great site for site to sell your car, eBay allows for some great options!
Four Steps to A Great Sale on eBay Motors – Best Place to Sell Cars
Check out the four steps to get your car sold on eBay Motors!
- As you get ready to sell on eBay, make sure you complete their registration process and create a seller's account. Before the eBay Motor's listing, you have to use the tips and tools they offer you, to gather information about your vehicle as well as take sharp and focused photos. With their help, you will increase the chances of getting a quick sale on your vehicle, for the highest amount possible!
- Now it’s time to create an eBay Motor's listing! You want to lure and entice potential buyers to purchase your vehicle. So, write a creative as well as detailed description of your vehicle. Don’t forget to also include the terms of sale too! And be sure to have a realistic price point, based on research that supports your vehicle's merit.
- Be sure to take the time to manage your car listing. You want to keep track of it through My eBay. When you sign in to My eBay, you are able to add additional information about your car. you can even upgrade your listing to attract more perspective buyers. Another bonus is you can update and manage your listing at any time while your listing remains active. Feel free to also establish contact with your perspective buyers to increase the chances of a sale!
- Finalize the sale of your car! After your car sells, you have to collect the money! Don’t forget to confirm the pickup or shipping arrangements with the buyer too! You may want to call or visit your state's Department of Motor Vehicles for details on how the title transfer should be best handled.
Seen by many people as one of the best websites to sell your car, eBay Motors makes selling a car, quick, convenient, safe, secure and efficient!
What Is the Best Website to Sell A Car with A Reputable Website? Autotrader May Be for You!
Autotrader.com, Inc. is one of the most trusted online marketplaces founded in 1997. Known as a place for car sellers as well as buyers, the website continues to evolve in the changing landscape of car selling!
While the site aggregates used, new and certified second-hand cars from dealers and private sellers, it also offers shopping advice, and comparison tools for car enthusiasts.
The site offers the following steps to car-selling!
- Prepare for the sale of your vehicle. Once you have decided to sell your car, get paperwork organized. Then move toward pricing and prepping your car to be bought!
- Begin to broadcast your vehicle sale. Autotrader will even help you write a great ad with their online tools!
- Begin to look for that buyer. The company has tools and tips on how to get that perfect buyer. From learning how to handle test drives, to avoiding pitfalls, Autotrader’s got you covered!
- Closing that Car Selling Deal. Autotrader also offers advice on how to effectively close your car selling deal! Whether it’s transferring ownership or even protecting yourself from fraud, Autotrader has the help you need! Click here to learn more!
Website to Sell Cars – Choosing To Sell On WeBuyCars. Com!
WeBuyCars.com currently purchases an average of 6000 cars every month. When deciding to sell your car to them, they work to create a fast, efficient and easy car selling experience for the car seller.
When selling your car to WeBuyCars.com, they also strive to make your experience with your car buyer a pleasant and memorable one. Check out the steps to selling your car on WeBuyCars.com!
- First you will complete an obligation-free, online application from their website.
- Then, you can speak to one of their specially trained staff agents. You will get a value estimate for your car.
- Once you are satisfied with the estimate, one of their buyers will arrange a detailed examination of your car at a time, convenient for you.
- You will have to provide the history of the car. And if there was a previous owner, you will have to disclose that too.
- Next, you and their agent will go through all of the relevant paperwork with you.
- Your car will go through their inspection process as well as a test drive. This should take about 15 minutes.
- Then you will have an offer.
- Once you are happy with the offer, they will buy your car immediately!
- Click here to learn more!
Best Sites to Sell My Car – Does CarMax Measure Up?
Are you still asking “what is the best site to sell a car?” given the previous choices? Well, CarMax may be the best car selling website for you!
CarMax has a history of being reputable as well as dedicated. In one year, CarMax bought we over 650,000 cars, trucks, and SUVs.
The tout themselves as the best alternative to selling a car privately. Interested in learning about their appraisal process?
As CarMax lives by their slogan: “We’ll buy your car, even if you don’t buy one of ours”, learn how to sell your car! Customers will also receive a written offer to buy!
- With the company buying vehicles from customers each day, each car has to go through their appraisal process.
- Next, the CarMax appraisal team will basically appraise the car in about 30 minutes, although it could take longer or even shorter to look the car over.
- While your car is being appraised, you are free to discuss the process with the appraiser.
- Once the appraisal is finished, CarMax will offer you a written price to purchase your car. You have a total of seven days to say yes or no to it.
- Click here to learn more and find out additional information about CarMax!
- best site for selling cars
Best Site For Selling Cars – Your Personal Needs!
When it comes to the best site for selling cars, you have to look at your personal needs and goals. You have to evaluate all that you want from the sale of your car. Do you want immediate cash and a chance to downsize your household?
Are you in the market for a new car? Whether you’re searching for websites to sell cars for free such as Facebook or even Instagram, or have a willingness to pay a fee, you have to think about lots.
It helps to have a game plan and choices. So, sit and come up with a strategy that will keep you a winner, from beginning to end!