Do you have a rusted, run-down and battered car that is of no use to you anymore? It could be worth some great cash.
Just because you’re not able to drive that junk car, doesn’t mean it isn’t worth anything. You could be sitting on top of a large sum of money with the sale of that car!
In this post, we’ll offer you the ways you can scrap your car for the best price possible. We’ll also offer you some of the best parts of a car that are worth lots of money. So, take a read of our post, and come away with knowledge of how to scrap a car for the most money!
How to Scrap a Car for the Most Money – Most Valuable Parts of a Car To Scrap
When it comes to a junk car, chances are, all you see is… well junk! But if you take another look at that car, you’ll see parts that could potentially put some serious cash in your pocket. Check out some the most valuable parts of a car to scrap, for top dollar!
Engine and Transmission –If you have a junk car, but a good engine and transmission in working order, you could see some cash! A great mechanic can take a working engine and transmission place it into another car.
Additionally, in the hands of a good mechanic, that engine and transmission can be rebuilt. After being thoroughly inspected, the old engine and transmission could be replaced with newer parts. What was once an old engine and transmission is now a working engine and transmission.
The perspective buyers for your engine and transmission include private buyers, repair shops, independent mechanics, manufacturing companies, auto recyclers, repair shops and car hobbyists.
For an engine or transmission that isn’t running, it still could be worth some money. You could sell that non-running engine or transmission for their aluminum components.
Lots of engines and transmissions have aluminum blocks and heads. Transmissions are often housed in aluminum casings. Therefore, it’s beneficial to you as aluminum is worth much more than steel. So, take the time to sell or shop these highly profitable car parts around. You can even sell them to crap buyers and others in your community!
Another important useful tip to remember is that engines and transmissions are heavy to lift up and out of a car. So, be sure you are able to remove them from the car. Or perhaps you can ask a friend or a mechanic to assist you.
Starter and Alternator – Both a starter and an alternator may not be household words, but when a car won’t start, they are front and center!
Both of these car parts are very profitable once sold. What’s so special about these to car parts? It’s the massive amount of copper wiring inside their steel casings.
With the inherent material value they have, both a starter and alternator can be resold. Persons can resell them in either an “as is” condition, or after being manufactured.
Various Vehicle recyclers and scrapyards are always willing to buy these parts! So, shop them around!
Vehicle Air Conditioning Unit – Even with a non running car, you may have a great working air conditioning unit. You may find that you rake in the dough if you sell the unit and its parts separately. The compressor in an air condition unit is of high value. This means that this component can be remanufactured or reused.
With that component alone, you can cool someone else’s car. someone else’s cooling system can keep You may also find that your air conditioner’s condenser may be of some value. Perspective buyers of an auto air conditioning unit include repair shops, remanufacturing companies, independent mechanics, auto enthusiast and hobbyists, junkyards, scrap yards and vehicle recyclers.
Here’s some additional advice: if you don’t know how to remove an air condition unit in a car, be sure to hire someone who is qualified to do the job for you.
Radiator – Another car part that is worth a good chunk of change, is a radiator. Generally, car radiators have a lot of aluminum. Therefore, they are worth selling separately. Although the car radiator is fairly easy to remove, you may wish to have a mechanic remove it, just to keep it in tact.
Car Audio System – A car’s audio system is utilized in cars. From blasting great songs, to listening to the latest health tips on a talk station, drives use their audio systems daily. But sometimes, those audio systems will stop working.
But if you have a junk car, but a great radio system, you can sell that system for top dollar. A good mechanic or audio system professional can install an aftermarket system into lots cars.
And if you have an audio system that can be installed into lots of vehicles then your system will be easier to sell. You could even sell your system on online platforms such as Facebook and Craigslist. Just be sure to have details about the specs of your system and be honest with potential audio buyers.
How to Scrap A Car for The Most Money – How do I Maximize my Profits?
Believe it or not, having a junk car sitting in your backyard or garage, is like having a nice bag of money sitting there. How big the bag, depends on how well you sell your junk car’s parts.
There are many places you can get cash for cars, even if your car isn’t running! While that old SUV or sedan may be worthless to you, those cars are worth money!
So, if you’re looking to get your money’s worth for a car that stopped running on you, you’re better off selling it or parts. But where do you begin? How do you not get ripped off?
Check out some of the items and elements of car that make a difference between a little cash and a lot of money!
- “Just Weight” – It’s easy to see a junk car as a headache. It’s also easy to shift the focus to a car’s amenities and what it offers, but just the weight of a junk car can make the difference in the price you get for it. Generally, the quote you get for your junk car comes down to the weight of that junk car. Because the main component of a scrap car that scrap yard owners look at, is the car’s metal. Lots of metal equals increased weight. Lots of weight equal more money.
- Your Year, Make and Model Do Matter – Many times, the year, make and model of a junk car matter, when you want to sell it. Although there are some cars that don’t change annually, there are some that are drastically changed. Given the cosmetic details of a car, you have to do the calling to see what parts are in demand. You may want to call a few scrap yards to see which of them find value in your junk vehicle. This is comparative selling. You want to get the most money for your car. The money is out there; you just have to find the buyer!
- Selling Car Parts, Yourself – As previously mentioned, when you sell your junk car’s parts yourself you can see the big bucks! But those financial gains go beyond an engine, transmission, starter, alternator, radiator and air conditioner!
Don’t forget about your junk car’s radio, rims, hubcaps and more. You can even sell the seats in your junk car!
For persons who have that entrepreneurial spirit, you could create an online “car parts store” from your junk car!
Just remember to be honest, do research, take lots of photos and offer competitive prices on your junk car’s parts!
How to Scrap A Car for The Most Money – Remove Your Car’s Parts Effectively
If the notion of removing and selling the parts of your junk car “revs up your motor”, check out some our tips for removing those parts quickly, efficiently and effectively.
- If you decide to remove your junk car’s parts yourself, make sure you have the expertise to do it.
- Each car part requires specific tools; so be sure you have the proper tools for removal.
- If you need the assistance of a friend, then call on one. You may wish to share a bit of the profits from the sale of the part with that friend. Do only what you can do and if you cannot remove a certain part, please don’t remove it!
- If you decide to sell your car parts online, be sure that you are honest, straightforward and transparent with potential buyers.
- For online selling, make sure you take great pictures of all parts and write a description for each part. And just as above, be honest, truthful and straightforward with potential buyers.
Above all, be realistic about your junk car. You want to see what your car is worth. Then, you must take the time to thoroughly assess the true condition of your car.
And if you need assistance, contact a mechanic or a trusted auto professional to help you! Your junk car is worth money and your actions will dictate how much money you’ll make! Good luck!