Looking to sell your car with Carvana? Seeking a great way to earn some money while getting rid of a car you hardly or no longer drive?
Carvana may be a viable option for you! Carvana offers sellers a “new way to buy a car” as well as an innovative way to sell as well as trade in a car!
Whether you have a great looking and running sedan or SUV, Carvana will buy it from you.
Can I just sell my car to Carvana?
At Carvana, you can sell your car or trade it in using some simple steps. Similar to other businesses, you just input some details about your car and you’ll get a firm and valid deal in about a couple minutes! “No haggling, no lowballs. Trade in your old vehicle for a new one, or sell it to Carvana,” states Carvana.
How it works
According to the Carvana website, you can sell you car in three simple steps.
Get your offer on your car
Take a moment of time to “…share a few vehicle details and we’ll extend a real, firm offer in 2 minutes. No haggling, no lowballs.”
Either trade in or sell your vehicle
You now have the option to either to “…trade in your old vehicle for a new one, or sell it to Carvana. Either way, we’ll pick it up!”
Get paid for the sale of your vehicle
Once Carvana performs an on-site appraisal of your vehicle, “…we’ll either cut you a check, or hand over the keys to your new ride!”
Does Carvana pay well for your car?
Upon receiving the value of your car, you can then decide to either sell your vehicle or move on. If you do decide to sell your car to Carvana outright, it is important that you upload and provide a few pieces of paperwork, “…depending on how your vehicle is currently paid for.”
Carvana makes selling a car simple
Carvana knows that the process of selling car can be difficult. They also realize that for people who want to sell a vehicle privately, the time it takes preparing for the sale can be costly.
retail price. However, the time and energy required to sell your vehicle at the price point you desire could take a few weeks and may not be worth the effort for some.
“At Carvana, in addition to providing car buying customers with an online solution to purchasing and trading in their vehicles, we also allow customers to sell their vehicles outright without the stress, anxiety, and time spent that comes with attempts to sell privately or to a dealership,” adds Carvana.
Carvana takes great pride in providing both “convenience as well as simplicity” when it comes to selling a vehicle. “Similar to the ease and transparency of buying a vehicle online with Carvana, the process of selling your vehicle online with Carvana can take place in as little as 15 minutes,” adds Carvana.
You can visit their carvana.com/trades, website. There, you can submit your vehicle’s information before receiving precise and detailed quote on the car in seconds. Danny, a Carvana spokesperson, states that the company operates by using an array of information to develop what the company calls an “…authoritative value for your vehicle. ”
Carvana’s Danny states: “We look at the Kelley Blue Book trade-in data for similar vehicles in your local market, since, for example, a convertible in New Jersey is not going to sell well in the heart of winter.” You can click here to read more from Carvana.
When you have the value of your car and you choose to move forward with its sale, you can simply upload some paperwork “…from Carvana depending on how your vehicle is currently paid for. From there, individuals from Carvana’s Trades and Buy From Public team… will review the documents and then make contact with the customer,” adds Carvana.
Which is better CarMax or Carvana?
While both companies offer their share of pleasant perks when it comes to selling a car, there are some differences to be made aware of.
Both CarMax and Carvana, offer an easy and streamlined process for selling a car. Additionally, both use technology as well as innovation to attract car sellers. Each also has user-friendly methods.
Let’s look at the ways you sell a car at both CarMax as well as Carvana:
- Once you arrive, a sales associate will greet you and you tell him or her that you are interested in selling your car.
- The associate will accompany you to the car and do their walk-around so that he or she can record your license plate number
- Then, the associate will type in some information about your car and ask you about your car.
- Once your car has been appraised the sales associate will give you an offer on your car that is good for seven days.
- If you accept the offer, you have seven days to accept it.
- Your offer will be in the form of a bank draft that you must deposit into your bank.
- With Carvana, you can input your vehicle’s information.
- Be sure to specify your car’s license plate, VIN and the state you live in.
- Once you supply Carvana with this information, you will get an offer on your car.
- If you choose to accept the offer, you can either trade in your car.
- Or you can sell your car Carvana.
- Whether you sell your car or trade it in, Carvana will come and pick your car up.
- Once Carvana performs an on-site vehicle appraisal, they will cut you a check for your car.
One stark difference between CarMax and Carvana, is the fact that CarMax has physical stores that handle car sells as well as car purchases.
Carvana does not have physical locations, but rather car vending machines.
Carvana operates 11 car vending machines across the countries. In the state of Florida, they opened three of them.
Additional vending machine locations include: Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and Houston in the state of Texas, Nashville in Tennessee, Charlotte and Raleigh in North Carolina and more.
“Can I just sell my car to Carvana?”
One seller chronicles the sale of his MK7 GTI to Carvana.
He had the car listed on Facebook Marketplace for three weeks and the price was $15,000.
The car had over 40,000 miles on it and he decided to sell it before the warranty expired.
He heard about Carvana through his grandpa who heard an ad on TV for the company.
He referrers to the experience as “really easy” with Carvana. And he was quoted $13,500. He called the offer “very good”.
He accepted the Carvana offer. Afterward, he sent over paperwork to the company including the title and verification that there was no lien.
He also states that the free pickup Carvana offers is very convenient.
After accepting the offer and welcoming a Carvana agent to his home, the agent gets out of his tow truck and inspects his MK7 GTI.
Once all was well, he was given a check for the $13,500 he was quoted earlier.
When speaking about selling his car to Carvana he states: “It was extremely hassle-free. It was the easiest car selling experience that I ever had.
And I would highly recommend it.” Click here to learn and listen to more!
Carvana Sell My Car – Is Carvana a Ripoff?
Well, one car seller, had a less than stellar experience with Carvana and documented that experience on an online forum. For Carvana seller “Hamid Baradarvar”, the seller writes: “[I logged] online to see how much Carvana would buy my vehicle for. Initially the process seemed easy. After I accepted their offer, Carvana asked me to provide some documents prior to purchasing my car which I provided. Once all was [said and done], they informed me that within 3 business days [ I would be contacted by one of their representatives.]
The seller further states that he/she waited three days and he never connected with an agent. He/She called Carvana and they reportedly gave the seller all kinds of excuses for not coming to appraise the car. The seller did not have a great experience with the company. “Carvana is a joke, I’ll never going to even consider selling or buying a car from them,” states “Hamid Baradarvar”. You can read the full review by clicking here.
A Brief Carvana History
Carvana is a Phoenix-based company was founded in 2012 as an online auto ordering and delivery service.
Known for multi-story “Car Vending Machines”, back in 2018 the company reportedly held the honor of being the fastest growing used car dealer in the country.
In April of 2017, Carvana went public and began trading on the New York Stock Exchange using CVNA as its symbol. Savannah, Georgia become the site of service in March of 2019. And in 2020, customers reportedly enjoy their “soon as next day car delivery” services in over 161 markets across the United States.
Carvana Sell My Car – Frequently Asked Questions
If I want to sell my car, do I have to buy a car from Carvana?
No. If you live near or have the ability to meet an agent near one of their local markets, you can sell your car and they will even pick your vehicle up. Your trade appraisal will be available within a few minutes too “Trade appraisals are valid for 7 days,” adds Carvana.
What about the trade in value changing?
Once you get your trade-in value, it is valid for 7 days. “The appraisal will not change as long as the information you entered was accurate,” states Carvana.
What paperwork do I need to sell my car to Carvana?
First, you need to snap pics of the current odometer reading from your dashboard. Then you need to snap a pic of the valid driver’s licenses of the individuals who appear on the registration as well as the title. registration. You may be asked to submit other documentation, depending upon liens and ownership. For individuals who own their vehicle outright you need to supply Carvana with:
- “A picture of the front and back of your trade title. Be sure to include all four corners of the document in your pictures.
- If you live in the state of Georgia and are trading in your vehicle, you must be listed as an owner on the front of the title. In the event you are not listed on the title, we will need to buy your vehicle as a separate transaction.
- Please note if anyone other than you is listed on the title, they will need to be present at the time of delivery,” as stated by Carvana.
- Click here to read additional information.
Selling My Car To Carvana – Should I do it?
Like most car selling places, there are a series of “ups and downs” when it comes to selling a car.
For Carvana, there seem to be a great many people who have great experiences to chart. While other people had some hardships selling their car to Carvana.
When selling your car to Carvana, it may be important to remember a few key things.
- Carvana is a business and their objective is to make money. So, when you sell your car, they are looking at the best way to make money from the sale.
- Ask Carvana about all rules and regulations about selling your vehicle. You may want to ask questions about their choice of taking cars with salvage titles. And you want to make sure that you understand all aspects of selling your car. Be an informed seller. Never guess or think about what their next move will be. Just outright ask them and get a solid and concrete answer!
- You will have to be detailed about your car. Once you sell your car, you have to answer questions about the vehicle.
- Allow for the appraisal to happen. If you have a rushed spirit about you, then your experience may not be as stellar. Allow Carvana to inspect your car and make you an offer.
- You are not bound by the offer. Your offer will be good for a period of seven days. You are under no obligation to accept the offer and take it.
- Keep your interests first. If at any time you feel unsure or apprehensive, just ask the agent to stop with the process.